Abstract: The review is devoted to the description of basic approaches, problems and prospects of computer modelling of 3D structures of cytochromes Р450 (Р450s). The following questions hawe been are considered in review: (1) the role of computer molecular modelling in Р450s research; (2) basic stages of homology modelling of protein 3D structures; (3) purposes and tasks of molecular modelling; (4) problems of P450s homology modelling; (5) criteria for successful Р450s homology modelling; (6) methods of Р450s models refinement, verification of correctness and reliability.
Reference: Ivanov A.S., Skvortsov V.S., Sechenykh A.A., Dubanov A.V., Lisitsa A.V., Computer modelling of 3D structure of cytochromes P450: problems and future trends, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2003, vol:
1. Poulos T.L. (1995) Current Opinion in Structural Biology, 5, 767- 774.
2. Jan Drenth (1994) Principles of Protein X- ray Crystallography. Springer- Verlag
3. Wallin E., von Heijne G. (1998) Protein Sci., 7, 1029- 1038.
36. С ASP experiment (Protein Structure Prediction Center, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California, USA) (http://predictioncenter.llnl.gov).
37. Sanchez R., Sali A. (1997) Current Opinion in Structural Biology, 7, 206- 214.
38. May A.C.W., Blundell T.L. (1994) Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 5, 355- 360.
39. Al- Lazikani В., Jung J., Xiang Z., Honig B. (2001) Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, 5, 51- 56.
40. Barton G.J. (1990) Methods in Enzymology, 183, 403- 428.
41. Henikoff S. (1994) In Informatics and Genome Projects, (Smith D.W. ed.), Academic Press, pp 87- 117.