1. Institute of cell biophysics RAS 2. Pushchino scientific centre RAS
Type: Experimental/clinical study
UDK: 004 + 573
Year: 2004 vol: 50 application: 1
Abstract: A conclusion is made on the basis of the analysis of materials of Internet, that one of the major reserves of the further increase of competitiveness of Russia based on the development of biologically inspired information technologies. In the given context it is possible to allocate three basic lines of the most perspective researches in the field of life sciences:
1. A system biology = genomics + protenomics + membranomics + decoding of the network information of integration of complex biological systems (physiomics, integrated bioinformatics, generalized physico-mathematical theory of life).
2. Biology as an information science. All spheres of live are based on information processes and have uniform specific logic of the organization and evolution - from biomolecules up to computers. Studying of this logic is one of the main goals of life sciences.
3. Bioengineering, biomaterials, biosensors, bioelectronics. New, most effective decisions of scientific and applied problems frequently arise as result of connection and mutually complements by each other of earlier untied ideas, of technical and technological blocks from various disciplines. Qualitative transition of knowledge as a result of such interdisciplinary researches is similar to the invention and frequently leads to to integration of knowledge at new, higher level. Life sciences have special value in interdisciplinary researches. It is connected with that that they are most interdisciplinary. Special value has also what from biologically inspired approaches is expected the basic contribution to the further development of information technologies and robotics.
For creation of new biologically inspired information technologies it is necessary to carry out special analytical and research activity on creation of the generalized physico-mathematical theory of live. The state, which government can find of ideas, means, the staff and organizational opportunities for realization of the project of creation of full-function system of an artificial intellect (Strong Artificial Intelligence) apparently, will take leading strategic position in the modern world.
Reference: Kalmykov V.L., Kalmykov A.L., Kornilov V.V., Biologically inspired information technologies, system biology and competitiveness of Russia, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2004, vol:
50(application 1), 195-203.
1. Масалович А. (1995) ТРОПОЮ СОЗДАТЕЛЯ Первые шаги». http://www.tora-centre.ru/library/ns/a-life.htm Scholar google search
2. K. Emmeche (1999) Theoretical Biologists, Philosophers of Biology, Historians of Biology and scholars of Social Studies of Biology, http://www.nbi.dk/~emmeche/theobiophi.html). Scholar google search
3. Кампания Социально-Экологического Союза «За биобезопасность» - http://www.seu.ru/programs/biosafety/ Scholar google search
4. Hippron Physiomics Inc. (2003), A privately held corporation specializing in Web-based software for the visualization and analysis of biological signaling pathways, http://www.hippron.com/). Scholar google search
5. Internet 2 – Abilene Project (2003), Yahoo! Directory, http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/Internet_2___Abilene_Project/). Scholar google search
6. First General Announcement proposing a Knowledge Processing Manhattan Project. (1998), Written by Behavioral Computational Neuropsychology (BCN) Group, Founding Committee, http://www.bcngroup.org/area3/manhattan/FGA.htm Scholar google search
7. The Manhattan Project was created to organize scientific minds and resources. (1998), http://www.bcngroup.org/area3/manhattan/two.htm) Scholar google search
8. Бабаян Б. ОСНОВНЫЕ ПРИНЦИПЫ АРХИТЕКТУРЫ E2K (2001) http://www.mcst.ru/mcst/e2k_arch.shtml Scholar google search
9. Все о процессоре E2K. Каталог «Союз» (1999), http://souz.co.il/internet/node/e2kFolder/ Scholar google search
10. Пылкин А. Эльбрус Бабаяна и Pentium Пентковского (1999), http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/e2k-spec.html) Scholar google search
11. Vladimir Pentkovski. Pentium® III Processor Implementation Tradeoffs (continued). Authors’ Biographies (1999), p. 11, http://developer.intel.com/technology/itj/q21999/articles/art_2.htm Scholar google search