Abstract: Antioxidant activity (AA) of inhibitors of free radical reactions (FRR) (dieton, mexidol, trypsin), aplied to the dressing material for wound healing was studied. In our work we used a model system containing suspension of laminated liposome, formed from fraction of total chicken yolk phospholipids. Lipid peroxidation (LPO) of liposome membranes was initiated by addition of Fe2+ ions. The kinetics of FRR was followed by coumarine-enhanced chemiluminescence (CL).It was found that AA of the inhibitors was determined by their ability to intersept aqueous and hydrofobic free radicals and chelate Fe2+ ions. Their ability to intersept radicals reduced in the following order: dieton > trypsin > mexidol. In addition we discovered unknown ability of mexidol to interact with Fe2+, that resulted in elemination of FRR catalyst.Investigating AA of the FRR inhibitors in the two-components mixture, consisting of dieton and mexidol, we observed the effect of multifunctionality: dieton, increased the duration of latent period of CL by intersepting lipid peroxyl radicals, while mexidol, decreased its value by interacting with Fe2+, i.e. mexidol masked the action of dieton. Investigating AA of two-components mixture, consisting of mexidol and trypsine, we observed the same effect of multifunctionality. In the two-component mixture, consisting of trypsine and dieton, the action of the inhibitors was found to be synergistic.All antioxidant properties of these FRR inhibitors were also preserved in the three component mixture.Hence, mixture components, dieton, mexidol and trypsin, possess high AA, that validates their use in dressing materials employed for wound healing.
Reference: Klebanov G.I., Lyubitsky O.B., Ilina S.E., Medusheva E.O., Riltsev V.V., Filatov V.N., Antioxidant activity of free-radical reactions inhibitors, applied to the dressing material for wound healing, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2006, vol:
1. Hensley K., Kart A., Robinson S., Gabitte P., Salsman S., Floyd R.A. (2000) Free Radic. Biol. Med., 28, 1456-1462. Scholar google search
12. Galliano M., Torre V., Deodata B., Campo J.M., Colonna M., Sturiadle A., Squadtrito F., Cavailari V., Cicinotta D., Altavilla B.M. (2001) Surgery, 129, 467-477. Scholar google search
13. Altavilla D., Saitta A., Cucinotta D., Gallana D.M., Deuderta B., Colonna M., Torre V., Russo G., Sardelle A., Urna G., Campo G.M. Cavalaari V., Squadrito G., Squadriti F. (2001) Diabetes, 50, 667-674. Scholar google search
14. Тостых Г.П. (1995) Новые перевязочные материалы с антиоксидантной активностью в лечении гнойных ран. Автореф. дисс. к.м.н., М. Scholar google search
15. Medousheva E.O., Filatov V.N., Ryltsev V.V. (2002) Int. Conference on Biocatalysis, Abstract 2002, Moscow, p. 114. Scholar google search
16. Назаренко Г.И., Сугурова И.Ю., Глянцев С.П. (2002) Рана, повязка, больной. М., Медицина. Scholar google search