Abstract: In erythrocytes and blood plasma of patients with the complicated peptic ulcer and postresectional syndromes there was the increase of conjugated dienes (and in the second group the increase in antioxidant activity). Under these conditions the main change was the sharp and identical decrease in glutathione activity. In patients with uncomplicated peptic ulcer there was sharp increase in erythrocyte and plasma glutathione activity and plasma GSH. In operated but basically healthy patients plasma glutathione peroxidase remained decreased but plasma GSH sharply increased. Evidently complicated peptic ulcer is characterized by decreased functioning of the glutathione system. Activation of this system and the decrease or disappearance of manifestations of oxidative stress are associated with a favorable course of this disease, especially at uncomplicated peptic ulcer.The revealed changes significantly differ from those observed in viral hepatitis, bile excretory treat diseases and strokes.
Reference: Kulinsky V.I., Shcherbatykh A.V., Bolsheshapov A.A., Bakhtairova V.I., Bulavintseva O.A., Egorova I.E., Suslova A.I., Yasko M.V., Kolbaseeva O.V., Noskova L.K., The erythrocyte and plasma glutathione system under peptic ulcer, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2008, vol:
1. Manjari V., Das U.N. (1998) Prostaglandins Leukot. Essent. Fatty Acids, 59, 401-406. Scholar google search
2. Santra A., Chowdhuri A., Chaudhuri S., Das Gupta J., Banergee P.K., Mazumder D.N. (2000) Ind. J. Gastroenterol., 19, 21-23. Scholar google search
3. Bhattacharjee M., Bhattacharjee S., Gupta A., Banerjee R.K. (2002) Free Radic. Biol. Med., 32, 731-743. Scholar google search
4. Demir S., Yilmaz M., Koseoglu M., Akalin M., Aslan D., Audin A. (2003) Turk. J. Gastroenterol., 14, 39-43. Scholar google search
9. Savoye G., Miralles-Barrachina O., Dechelotte P., Belmonte-Zalar L., Brung-Lefebvre M., Zalar A., Hochain P., Herve S., Colin R., Lerebours E., Ducrotte P. (2001) Eur. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol., 13, 1309-1313. Scholar google search