Abstract: Finding and optimization of new HIV-1 integrase inhibitors is an important task due to the drawbacks of the existing antiretroviral therapy caused by the significant adverse effects, high cost of the treatment, and emerging resistance. In this study we used computer-assisted methods for finding and optimization of new HIV-1 integrase inhibitors blocking the 3'-processing reaction. Possibility of application of the specialized version of computer program PASS for searching original inhibitors of 3'-processing reaction among the commercially available samples of chemical compounds, belonging to a new chemical class, is shown. We compared the general pharmacological profiles calculated by PASS for the sets of original integrase inhibitors discovered in the study with those for known inhibitors published in literature. It was shown that the predicted average selectivity is close for the compounds from both sets, while the predicted adverse/toxic actions are less for the original compounds. Differences of pharmacological profiles of original compounds and known from literature inhibitors of 3'-processing pointed out to the essential novelty of our substances. Significantly less deviations from the recommended values for QikProp parameters, which characterized the ADME properties, have been observed for the original compounds than for the integrase inhibitors published in literature. Thus, one may come to the conclusion that the original compounds look more prospective comparing to the earlier known inhibitors of 3'-processing.
Reference: Druzhilovsky D.S., Filimonov D.A., Liao Ch., Peach M., Niclaus M., Poroikov V.V., Computer-assisted search and optimization of new integrase inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2009, vol:
25. Poroikov V., Druzhilovsky D., Shevelev S., Gottikh M., Nicklaus M. (2008). Abstr. 4-th International Conference "Genomics, Proteomics, Bioinformatics and Nanobiotechnologies for Medicine", Moscow, p. 69. Scholar google search
33. Poroikov V., Filimonov D., Lagunin A., Gloriozova T., Zakharov A. (2007) SAR &#038; QSAR Environ. Res., 18, 101-110. Scholar google search
34. Poroikov V., Lagunin A., Filimonov D. (2005) In: QSAR and Molecular Modelling in Rational Design of Bioactive Molecules. Eds. Esin Aki Sener, Ismail Yalcin, Ankara (Turkey), CADD &#038; D Society, pp.514-515. Scholar google search
48. Druzhilovsky D.S., Filimonov D.A., Lagunin A.A., Gloriozova T.A., Poroikov V.V. (2007) Abstr. 4rd Internat. Symp. "Computational Methods in Toxicology and Pharmacology Integrating Internet Resources (CMTPI-2007)", Moscow, p.175. Scholar google search
49. Поройков В.В., Дружиловский Д.С., Филимонов Д.А., Шевелев С.А., Готтих М.Б., Никлаус М.К. (2007) Тез. Докл. XIV Российского национального конгресса "Человек и лекарство", Москва, с.311. Scholar google search