Abstract: Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1MMP) is one of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), which play а key role in tumor invasion and metastasis. The aim of this study was to elucidate the peculiarities of expression of MT1MMP and endogenous regulators of its activity: the activator – furin and the inhibitor – TIMP-2, as invasive factors of squamous cell cervical carcinomas (SCC). The study was carried out using 11 specimens of SCC and 11 specimens of morphologically normal tissue adjacent to the tumor. It was shown that the increase of MT1-MMP and furin expression and low of TIMP-2 expression makes the main contribution to the destructive (invasive) potential of SCC. Moreover, substantial expression of MT1-MMP was registered in the specimens of morphologically normal adjoining to tumor tissue. This expression was found to make an additional contribution to the destructive potential of the cervical tumor.
Reference: Timoshenko O.S., Gureeva T.A., Kugaevskaya E.V., Solovyeva N.I., Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) and the regulators of its activity as invasive factors in squamous cell cervical carcinomas, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2014, vol:
15. Ryzhakova O.S., Solovyeva N.I., Matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) - MMP-1,-2,-9 and its endogenous activity regulators in transformed by E7 oncogene HPV16 and HPV18 cervical carcinoma cell lines, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2013, vol: 59(5), 530-540. CrossRef Scholar google search
16. Solovyeva N.I., Vinokurova S.V., Ryzhakova O.S., Gureeva T.A., Tsvetkova I.V., Expression of gelatinases a and b and their endogenous regulators immortal and transformed fibroblasts, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2009, vol: 55(4), 441-450. Scholar google search
18. Ryzhakova O.S., Zavalishina L.E., Andreeva Ju.Ju., Solovyeva N.I., Interstitial collagenase, gelatinases A and B and their endogenous inhibitors in squamous cell cervical carcinomas, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2013, vol: 59(1), 55-64. CrossRef Scholar google search
19. Ryzhakova O.S., Solovyeva N.I., The assay of tissue collagenase activity using fluorescein isothiocyanate labeled collagen, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2005, vol: 51(4), 432-438. Scholar google search
20. Tellier E., Nègre-Salvayre A., Bocquet B., Itohara S., Hannun Y.A., Salvayre R., Auge N. (2007) Mol. Cell Biol., 27, 2997-3007. CrossRef Scholar google search